Thursday 8 October 2009

A Lot of Hot Air!

It basically came overnight, much faster than anyone predicted.  By the time I got up at 8AM (especially early to go out in what should have been peak storm times) it had already gone!

The shinkansen stopped running because of the safety risks, and the local services were severely disrupted on what was essentially, a bit of a windy, perfectly sunny day.

A number of shops were closed, and my friends' lecturer cancelled her university lessons for today because everyone thought it was going to be bad, but it turned out to be a reasonable day.

Last night sucked though.  A bunch of Italians, who are noisy at the best of times, were hysterical at being stuck in the middle of the storm and were crying in the hallways, literally, and generally keeping everyone up.  That coupled with the noise of the rain, (it hit overnight) meant I didn't get to sleep until 5AM.  I now dislike Italians, which is interesting because in Italy they're a part of the landscape; some countries travel well, Italy doesn't

The weathermen get it wrong here too it seems.

More pictures and whatnot to come at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. See, I told you. Damn italians. I never had issues with them until I came here. They can be so annoying :P

    ReplyDelete