Thursday 17 September 2009

An Interesting Couple of Days...

I'm now up to date with all pictures, all entries are complete.

So basically yesterday I spent all day helping a college student out with a survey he was doing, eating, and generally dossing.  It looked like it was gooing to rain so I thought nuts to going out anywhere.  I then went to a small bar in the evening, WHERE I BUMPED INTO LOST AUSTRALIAN WOMAN.  So I got her name, Naree, and she is now able to obtain any photograph from me.  She was a little drunk though, so maybe she won't remember to add me to facebook...

Today I had the longest breakfast, European style, sitting and chatting to the people who worked behind the bar.  Tonight is FREE FOOD NIGHT THERE.  Guess where I'm going tonight.

I've not done anything interesting in the last couple of days primarily because of the weather, which is unfortunate but, coming from England, not the end of the world.  Should the weather not improve I'll just go to the other sites(see: sights) anyway.

Next week is 'silver week,' where the country takes a few days off, so travelling is a no no then.  This is unfortunate because I'd like to move on, but I guess I'll just stay here a couple more days, and go after the holidays.

We're having a few tiny tremors, barely noticeable.  Someone I talked to compared them to a truck going past, but this person is an idiot.  The room moves sideways in one plane of motion, whereas when a truck goes past it just rumbles and shakes a lot.  The earthquake in Hull is still the biggest I've experienced!

2 comments:

  1. come on Sam and let's have a picture or 2 of the people you're meeting up with - add some human interest to the interesting stuff you've done so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear anonymous, people aren't as interesting as the buildings at the moment. Plus I posted pictures of the two americans I went around with!

    ReplyDelete