Thursday 25 November 2010

Stuff That Makes Me Smile

The first thing I came across that made me smile this week was this.

Seeing as I have two random junker PC's in my room, I want to try something like this.

The second thing that made me smile was this website.

The best way to surf this website (just like wikipedia) is to click on every term that you're unsure of, placing it in a new tab at the top of your browser.  When you're done reading the page, close it and move onto the next.  By the end of several hours, you'll have fifty pages yet to be read, and for every page you read you'll open up a couple of new pages.  If, however, you read in a niche with enclosed definitions, after a solid four or five hours reading you can become an internet expert in the given subject.

After doing this a few times you are ready to print out this certficate, and hang it on your wall.

On the TVTropes website, note the inherent sarcasm evident in a number of the posts.  An inherent sarcasm is what, I feel, Wikipedia is missing.  Also note the clever reimagining of old cliches in some of the Trope titles.  Diabolus ex Machina is one of my favourites.

On a lighter note; pictures will be uploaded during the next instalment.  I don't have time to do it this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment