Thursday 11 November 2010

It's Not a Font, It's the Shape of the Letters

So I just heard a fantastic quote from my Korean boss.

After four hours of semi-relaxed (see: we're all slacking, the designer isn't) design work, a final version (post-beta) of the school open-class invitation was created.

Some problems arose, and the integral portion (the font) was questioned, ultimately it was decided the font must change.

This caused suicidal thoughts within the creator (not me, before you ask).

Then, my boss chips in.  'You don't need to change the font, just change the erm...'  A minute passes, everyone waits with bated breath.  The anticipated answer is one of saving an hours further work.  Finally, a spark emerges from some dank recess of the mind.

'It's not the font, it's the shape of the letters.'

I nearly wet myself.

And this was my day.

1 comment: