Monday 17 January 2011

A Shit Sandwich

So our apartments sewage pipe froze, and everything broke.

Of course, it's natural to assume this is a rare occurrence, temperatures reaching minus figures for long enough that this kind of thing might occur once in a blue moon.  Except, of course, that it's happened once already, and it happens every year.  So now they've finally changed the pipe and added insulation.  The insulation is about four millimetres thick, however; so in the school of half-assing it, our landlord wins an A.

In other news, I finally bought arm/leg weights.  They cost around 4 pounds, and they're awesome.  Brushing your teeth with  them on takes a lot longer; and suddenly the laptop has become extremely heavy.  I don't think they'll be particularly viable for running, as they tend to move around a lot.  However, for daily activities where no perceivable workout is being done, they might be good.  I'm thinking of wearing them under my trousers for the duration of work.  Maybe I should buy another set and wear them on my arms and legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment