Tuesday 4 January 2011

Jobs

So I was officially offered the English department head teacher position yesterday; along with the highest class in the school.

The caveat being I have to renew my contract.

They offered me some more money, and the additional pay that goes with being the head teacher.

It would be nice to stay for the following reasons: more money, a couple of good co-workers.

That is all.

It would not be nice to stay for myriad reasons.

I also had some time to make a wishlist, for the computer I would like to have.  You can see it here.  There are two problems with it.  Firstly, it's been this computer for about three months, which means that it's probably only three months away from being updates in some way.  Secondly, there's a component that's not up to scratch.  Everything is completely top-end, except for one thing.  You can try to figure out which one it is.

It also doesn't come with a case or peripherals.  These would put me over two thousand pounds, which is a ludicrous sum; I'd prefer to just have it resting on a table instead of inside a case.

The wishlist isn't under my name - by the way.

3 comments:

  1. the psu is well ott for just about any system - the hd is a tad small but for os and progs it's OK - just need another, perhaps raid array - then there's the cpu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The graphics cards are pulling 250 watts EACH, without even being overclocked. When you do overclock, the power requirements go up like Richard Bransons failed around the world hot air attempt.

    The hdd is for windows and a few games (I only play a few games at a time, so I wouldn't run out of space there) with any other storage you want to add costing virtually nothing.

    What's wrong with the cpu? It's powerful enough to keep the graphics cards fed with information, and who needs six cores anyway.

    I'm surprised you didn't bring up the ram....... (hint)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you turn it down?

    ReplyDelete