Monday 10 January 2011

A Fantastic Weekend


 The day started rather strangely it contained a tomato, mandarins, cornflakes, chicken and lettuce - topped with a gregarious sauce of unidentifiable origins.

This was supposedly a salad!
 The other half of the salad odyssey was this.  I can't figure out what half of the stuff is, so you'll have to figure out the ingredients by eye.
This random tool kept knocking my chair while I was eating.  Despite being four foot nothing, and weighing the same as whatever he ate, plus ten kilogrammes, he decided to play 'be a prick to the foreigner.'

Here you are, good sir.

Immortalised on the internet for being a complete wanker.

Good day, and adieu.



Christianity took off in a big way here when the colonising americans realised that ensuring religious devotion meant big profits.

As such, churches are everywhere.

A side-effect of this is the creation of novel (sic) ways of retelling the biblical lies.  One such way is via cutesy storybooks.  Koreans are nothing if not masters of indoctrinating their own young.

A quick trip to the arcade, to practice my rifle skills.  I didn't do particularly well, so we decided to venture into the real thing.

I went first into the range, but the pictures of me have magically disappeared.  For once, I didn't delete them.  I looked awesome holding the gun like a professional.

For those of you who are interested I used a .45 cal glock 21.

It was a monster.  The kick, although somewhat less brutal, is comparable to the shotguns we hunted with earlier in the year.  The noise though.

The sound this thing makes (Yoda).  I was listening to someone else using the same ammunition with a dirty Harry style six shooter thing.  That was just loud, obscenely so.  This thing, wow.  It was loud enough to make the people in the waiting room jump, but it wasn't just a frightful bang - it had character.

If the kick were less brutal, I could listen to that thing firing all day.
 Amanda used a sig sauer 228.

Also see the link above for this choice quote:

'Capacity counts when a pistol is the only weapon between you and a large group of machete-wielding third-worlders.' 


Reason number ten million, five hundred and eighty five thousand, four hundred and sixty seven why no one likes americans.


Stupidity aside, she wasn't sure which gun to take.  I urged her towards this choice, as I used this gun religiously during online games of counterstrike.  It was a balanced gun in the game, so I assumed it must be in real life.  As a 9mm it's perfect for girls.


Although I would have enjoyed seeing her fire one round from the .45 I used, she wouldn't have.

 This is her target.  As you can see, she did a respectable job with her first weapon; missing only one round out of the ten.  She even hit a few maximums!



 This is the close-up.

Out of a maximum possible one hundred, she hit seventy-eight.  Not bad at all!

The distance for both of us was 15 metres.


This is my target.  Yes it is being held down by a box of after-eights.  No, you cannot have any after-eights.  Remember that on the line counts as the most valuable section the line encompasses.  In this case, on the line is 10 points.


This is the closeup of my target.  I just grazed the line with that top-shot, meaning it counts for ten.  I got some nice grouping around south-west-south of the centre.

I'm rather annoyed by the one I missed however.


 This yielded me a total combined score of 99.  That  is 99, out of a possible one hundred.

(The next line is not safe for work)

Yipee Ki Yai Motherfucker

 The next stop after finding out that I'm the most badass human ever, was eating.

This time I finally got my wish; this is a hotpot containing dog!

If you're wondering, it's succulent, tender and extremely tasty.  It's even tasty after they try to ruin it with ridiculous toppings and flavours.  I'm not just saying this to be controversial - try dog, it's delicious.  (That should definitely be a new internet meme coupled with a picture of a glorious looking dog, possibly the winner of Krufts or something.)
And to top the day off, a cake of course.  This was a special mint cake!  Finding mint here is nigh-on impossible.  As such, the mint icing overpowered me.  Despite years of training, it was too minty even for my tastebuds.  The chocolate was exceedingly tasty however.

Truth be told, all cakes are pretty much the same, so I don't need to include any more shots of this particular one.

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice post...you can add the pics later when I send them...^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. all those years of training are starting to pay off - your real talents are emerging!

    ReplyDelete