Sunday 20 June 2010

Someone's Boots Arrived!

So I was dead excited to see that boots had arrived on my desk.

One annoyance was that a colleague had already opened my mail.  This is illegal and immoral, and he didn't even apologise for it.  I guess in america it's only illegal if someone is holding a gun and is threatening to shoot you for the tresspass you just committed.  I use biblical terms because he's supposedly Christian.

The second annoyance was quite a large one as they go; these boots aren't for me.  They're about five centimetres long, and while probably the right size for the locals of my age, are roughly twenty-five centimetres too short for me.

Somehow my friend has ordered boots for a five year old.  The match I'm supposed to play is roughly two weeks away, and it took these boots three weeks to arrive.  Assuming they replace these boots it will take three weeks for them to be returned, then another awesome three weeks for them to arrive on my doorstep.  That's six weeks of waiting, and six weeks of me not being able to play sport.

As you may be able to tell I'm livid.  I'm beyond livid.

I would dearly have loved to comment on any sports I've played, but I'll just have to stick to training.  Which isn't fun.  Yay.

1 comment:

  1. oh dear - should have sent you mine - but then that parcel hasn't arrived - oh well - techonlogical era or not we haven't sorted matter transfer yet, have we - or simple post across 7000 miles apparently.

    ReplyDelete