Monday 14 June 2010

Seoul Again

So I thought I would give Seoul another go, as my last attempt was surely not indicative of the city (I reasoned).  Luckily I was correct, and this time around was a lot more fun.

The pictures are low quality, get over it.

This is an electronics mall.  You know we have department stores for clothes, knick-nacks and wares seemingly no-one would need?  They have them for electronics too.  This was taken from floor four of ten, but I missed the opportunity to take a shot illustrating the scale of the place.  It's quite vast, and has some of the most incredible electronics stores I've ever seen.  The whole place is like an indoor market, with each seller having an open booth.  The effect is cool, because you can see from one side of your floor to the other.  There's one floor that houses all the computer based electronics,  and there are guys who sell legacy hardware, I saw graphics cards from ten years ago, it was a cool blast from the past.

A couple of stores had my camera on display, but wouldn't let me touch it.  It's not like Japan at all...

The Saturday was the day of Korea vs Greece, and they had a big screen set up for everyone to watch it on.
















Red is the national colour of Korea.
















Yeah that's a neon hot air balloon on the ceiling, this place is also an indoor theme park.











This is the cool screen they set up.  The first thing I thought when I saw  this was, 'I wonder if you could hook a PC up to this?'

Then I thought, 'You'd need a dozen graphics cards to power a display of this resolution.'

Yeah I'm a geek.




Bitchin' panda chocolate cake.  I actually ate two cakes while I was there.  This was the tastier of the two however, and is, frankly, an amazingly tasty cake.  As something of a connoisseur of cakes, I can safely say that Korean cake making abilities rank far higher than their other baking abilities.

I did however find a baguette in the shop earlier that is amazing, it's crunchy, soft and delicious, just like the real thing.  It cost 1.50, but for my first taste of real bread in a couple of months, it's worth it I feel.








Here's a bit of free advertising for them; they deserve it for making a couple of extremely delicious cakes.

The people behind the till also deserve a standing ovation, for not laughing when they saw me enter the shop for the second time in one day.





On a side note, I'm extremely ill at the moment.  My fever is extremely high, I can't stop sweating, I have a chesty, infected phlegmtastic cough, and everything aches.  My finger is still broken too.  Stupid girls making me sick.

2 comments:

  1. Seoul looks fun and very interesting.

    Hope you are feeling better and get that finger sorted out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. what stupid girls?

    ReplyDelete