Tuesday 20 September 2011

SUPER MASSIVE (small to medium sized) TYPHOON

A typhoon is going to make landfall today, with strong winds (obviously) and lots of rain (obviously).  It's already been pretty wet today, and this is just the leading edge.

I fear for my house because it's made of paper, held together with nothing but hope and the building is administered by a crazy landlady who tries walking in whenever she feels like it.  Luckily, I've had my door locked ever since my second day of being here, when a random foreigner walked into my house of his own accord.

That seems to be commonplace here.

Of the typhoon; the temperature has dropped to the low 20's, which is glorious.  I hope it's a factor of the season rather than this weather event, but I suspect it isn't.  It's also heading up the length of the country (see the link).

It's only a small one so people aren't particularly fussed, although I am somewhat suspicious of the projected trajectory.  Look at the previous path of the storm and you'll see that it went around in a circle.  No way did anyone predict that; which means this, like an earthquake, is unpredictable at best.  I wouldn't be surprised if it missed Japan entirely.

As an addendum, the internet delivers when no question has even been asked!  That's what the graph in my previous post should have looked like, and that's why the chair, once it's attached to the machine, is a real bastard to pull loose.

#Update#

All the kids are going home in ten minutes because the typhoon is trying to kill people down south.

Initially I laughed because they have to ride home on their bikes if their parents won't pick them up; but then I realised that I'm obliged to stay until my contractually pre-arranged hour.  Why send the kids home?  Because they don't want the little brats caught in the strongest part of the storm, which will be from now, until who knows when (the centre of the storm is passing right over us, and it's not calm like a tornado) which means I will be riding home in the hell-storm.

That wiped the smile off my face.

Then again, IT WILL BE HELLA FUN!  I can't wait.

I want to go stomping around outside pretending to be a dragon, splashing around in the puddles roaring.

Then I want to play a game of rugby in this weather, for about twenty minutes I bet it'd be awesome.  No one would be able to pass the ball.  After that twenty minute period I'd be exhausted and go home.  Probably with polio.

No comments:

Post a Comment