Friday 23 September 2011

Hard Disks

I just bought a couple of hard disks online.  The interesting thing?  The transaction was completed in Japanese, with liberal use of an online dictionary and free translation service.  It will be extremely interesting to see if anything turns up next week.

They came out to a hundred and fifty quid for the pair, two, three terabyte disks.  I don't trust large platter sizes as far as I can throw them, as the saying goes, which is ironic because modern hard disks weigh a ton - so they won't go far.

As such, I'll mirror them, copy all the important information over from my one terabyte external drive (which is nearly four years old, and has accompanied me across the globe) and then copy everything from my current drive worth saving.

I'll then erase the external and reformat my current drive, yielding one and a bit terabytes of 'secure,' internal storage space (mirrored) and the same again in non-mirrored internal and external drives.

I can finally stop deleting stuff!

Yes, I am a terrible hoarder of digital wares.

No comments:

Post a Comment