Thursday 29 September 2011

Harry Potter. HARRY FRIGGIN' POTTER?

So I watched the second to last Harry Potter the other day.

I abhor Harry; I really, honestly, deeply, truly do.

What I don't dislike is the special effects department at whichever studio produced the second to last movie.  I had the opportunity, for the first time ever, to stream the movie in high definition.  Being able to stream movies in Japan is something of a hit-and-miss affair, with many of the bigger sites only allowing you to access content from within their country of origin.

As such, the ability to stream a 720p copy of any movie, without constant buffering and choppiness, was new to me.  I ended up watching the whole thing and thinking, for the most part, the quality was very good.  This is most certainly the future of content consumption, and the server-side file size wasn't bad either.  All told, it was around one and a bit gigs, which, over the course of two hours, isn't a terrible drain on bandwidth.

Please, content providers of the world, let's start using high definition for everything!

The film was still pretty terrible.  It reminded me why I read Tolkein, Prathchett and Dick, and watch things like this.

This post was originally longer, but blogger just deleted all my writing.

There were musings on the rugby, on my upcoming sevens tourney(s), one this weekend, one in a few weekends time.

All I will repeat is this:  England versus Scotland will be equally difficult for both teams, both teams being within a few points of Argentina means they're comparatively close; even if past performances indicate an England win, everyone seems to forget that this is a world cup.  It is, essentially, the beginning of the knockout stages and only one team can win.

Everyone has labelled the Wales pool 'the pool of death,' which is patently tosh.  Wales and SA are likely to go through, whereas England, Argentina and Scotland were always three teams capable of beating each other.  That is a real pool of death.

1 comment:

  1. nothing contentious in there - you should get away without being berated...

    ReplyDelete