Tuesday 6 September 2011

Japanese People Eat Rubbish Up

So Japan is the perfect example of why recycling is useless, and an affront to personal liberties.

Every item has a specific day when the dustmen come to collect it.  They are as lazy in Japan as they are in England, but they have a terrible power than they lack in England - namely everyone writes their names and addresses down on every piece of rubbish they throw out.  This is so they can fine you when you fuck up.

Now, I've been throwing out rubbish willy-nilly for my entire stay here; but that has come to and end.  The landlord has finally addressed my inadequate faculties by explaining the rubbish situation (sic).  It's only taken someone FOUR MONTHS to do so.

Anyway, the upshot is that every time you throw something out, it costs you 10 pence in rubbish bag fees.  You basically have to throw stuff out every day, sometimes more than once.

So even if you dispose of rubbish properly, you're taxed out the wazoo on bags alone.

Then if you fuck up, as I'm wont to do, your fined.

The kicker is that I was quite happily sitting in my underpants minding my own business when the landlady deigned it fit to explain the situation to me; thus necessitating a quick re-drobing.  Damnit woman!

And like buggery am I going to write my name and address on the bags.  I have to pay taxes for those lazy bastards to go and fine me?  No, I'm fine without that, thank you.

If you ever think the rubbish situation is bad in England, or America, or Somalia.  Try Japan.

Well okay, probably not that last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment