Saturday 17 April 2010

Attack of the Volcanic Entities

So as it turns out, mother Earth has gastroenteritis, and England is suffering from a freak occurrence of ash.  Like the erstwhile earthquakes inflicted upon Hull, much has been made of the catastrophic meaning of such events.  Everything from flying horsemen and impending apocalypse, to global cooling (an ironic comment, in more ways than I can list) as a result of reflected light rays etcetera.

Of course, this affects us not a jot, and despite the billions of dollars lost in revenue, the relative gain in PPM of Ozone will benefit the NHS in the long-term, as melanoma are reduced; subsequently costing less to treat.

And therein lies the problem of macro-economics - there are as many variables as people, making any attempt at predicting or modelling events futile.

As a side-note, I'm gearing up for the Korea bound move.  Having previously refused to accept the move as nothing more than speculation and idle hope, the necessary preparations have begun in earnest. (With or without my approval, ala my schooldays (Thanks mum!))  So I'm desperately trying not to get excited.  I'm failing, it must be said.

Country number fifteen, here I come!

That is, if the ashen cloud lifts.

Here's to positive thinking, eh!

Oh, and if you could all puff your cheeks and blow directly into the air, I'm sure we can hurry the cloud along.

No comments:

Post a Comment