Wednesday 19 September 2012

What I Eat

I've been on a manic quest to put on a bit of weight while living in Japan.  Everyone tells you that it's impossible.  Portions are too small, the makeup of their diet is wrong; et cetera.  This is absolutely true.  I have struggled immensely with this issue, and have only recently begun putting on weight due to an insane amount of eating.  Once you've got the weight, it's quite easy to keep it (I don't know whether that's genetics or what) but getting there is a chore.

I eat a small breakfast (I've never been one for breakfast, it's a stupid meal).  Then when i have some, I'll have a protein shake for elevenses.  As an aside, whoever invented elevenses is a genius, especially if your choice of fattener is chocolate milkshake.

Lunch will be a sandwich, nothing major.

Then around four, I'll have noodles, or another sandwich, or a Japanese curry chicken thing out of the corner shop (whatever I can get my hands on really) then I'll hit the gym or go for a run (adequate time being left between consuming food and workout).  When I get back it's two chicken breasts, all the vegetables in the world, and a portion of rice.  Veggies will include peppers, green red and or yellow.  Spinach type things.  Broad beans.  Mushrooms.  An onion (always).  And whatever else is available.  Couple that with the myriad fruit juices I drink every day and I think it's pretty healthy.

So for all the effort I've put into gaining weight, I've put on about 2kg's.  Two measly kilogrammes.  It's certainly lean weight though, I don't think there's much in the way of fat going in me at the moment.

92 kg's isn't bad, and I certainly don't want to be much more than that.  Another one or two and I'll be done I think.

Assuming I can afford this terribly expensive eating habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment