Tuesday 4 September 2012

Changes Afoot

So today I was fucked over by one of the native English teachers.  One of the shitbags (who shouldn't be in the company of civilised humans) was dicking around the classrooms only fan.  A minor tribulation in the scheme of things, but because he's incapable of rational though, he took umbrage to my attempts at taking the fan away from him and pointing it at the whole class.  The native teacher undermined me, giving it the fan.

An incredibly minor thing - far less minor than the kid beating up a teacher a couple of days ago, or the kids going round breaking all the windows, or the mysterious arson attacks that have claimed two houses, where the scum hang about after school.

But now they've reached the inevitable conclusion.  The nationalistic tendencies of the sub-class have overcome them, and they heed me by the name 'stupid foreigner.'  The last semblance of their dignity gone - reverted to the stereotype by which all BNP members ascribe.  And here I am, in a room of witnesses who deny any wrongdoing.

It's all the more depressing because they see it as the ultimate slur; the most offensive thing they can say about me is that I'm not them.  The arrogance implied is self-evident, but the baselessness of it is what astounds me.  You belong to a country that you happened to be born into, on the grounds of pure chance, luck or coincidence.  Congratulations.  Far be it for me to compliment or criticise the past endeavours of your people, Msrs scumbag and co. (I have plenty of other blog posts to do that)  But if you insist on being Japanese, and on abusing another person because they are not Japanese, you bring yourself into the crosshairs of both modern and ancient history, for which I fear no sane person would grant you a reprieve.

Of course the blind tend towards nationalism, it's the last resort of those who are unwilling or unable to see how similar we all are; and are unwilling to put a stint in at the coalface, as it were.  Riff-raff will grow up living off handouts provided by working people, while they bemoan the lack of jobs because of foreigners.  Does this sound familiar?

Everywhere is the same - regardless of ethnicity or country.  It's not this kids fault that it is barely human; it is the product of myriad forces beyond its control, and the product of its parentage.  I would be extremely interested to find out how much its father loathes whiteys because, at a guess, I would have to venture quite a lot.

I suppose it's worth noting that I'm not surprised, or even perturbed.  This country is a bizarre geological formation; a majority of sane individuals sitting atop a substantial chamber of nutters.  I often wonder if there will ever be enough pressure to erupt, but the brilliant strategy of giving the crazies their own holiday (to celebrate at the shrine for dead japanese war criminals) ensures the patriotic fervor is dissipated in small, lifeless bursts rather than with giant outpourings.


In totality I find myself struggling to get particularly angry, and despite wanting to kick the kid in question (about ten years too late for it to learn any lessons, however) I end up simply feeling sorry for it.

Perhaps, in ten years time when it's in prison and suffering from chronic cocaine withdrawal, being buggered by its cellmate, it'll wonder what america or Australia are like.

I would imagine that some, if not all of the things mentioned above ring chords within your own fiefdoms.  It's not an isolated problem, and yes, I do regard it as a problem.  Perhaps you don't, fair enough I suppose.  Each to their own.




So all the negativity aside, the blog layout has changed!  It's only taken three or four years for the change to be made and at this rapid rate of improvement, it'll be respectable within a decade. I'm trying to make the banner (the picture at the top) change every time you refresh the page, but as of yet I have had no luck in making that happen.  If anyone knows of a simple (simple is key, I've tried and failed to implement coded solutions) widget or gadget or badger, (whatever they're called) to perform this seemingly easy task, then let me know.

3 comments:

  1. would you fight for 'your' country...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm. That's a difficult question.

    If someone invaded, then I might. If we were after oil or land or something, then no. It's difficult to know without it actually happening though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. coincidentally just watched a film that only the english can make and which supports the whole anti-nationalistic stuff you talk about in your blog - 'this is england' - watch it

    ReplyDelete