Monday 27 February 2012

Sleeping

For some reason I woke up about ten times last night.  Those are the ten times I can remember, which leads me to assume that I actually woke up more (I don't often remember much that happens in the way of sleeping, dreams and whatnot).

My shoulder is still sore; as a result I've not been to the gym so far this week.  That makes it a week and a half or so which isn't too bad.  I'll hit the gym tomorrow (not literally) after a run tonight.  I assume my bizarre sleep is a result of excess energy on account of my body storing fat in anticipation of it being burned off, which it hasn't been as I've entered recovery mode all week.  My knee is still sore when it's fully bent, but aside from that I'm fine.  There's training at the weekend, with the second leg of the knockout competition the week after.  We've knocked out one of the biggest names, so why not go on and win this thing.

It's Wednesday today, so if I run tonight, then hit the gym tomorrow (rinse and repeat) I'll have a week and a half to get into shape.  Considering I couldn't go to the gym for a week before the big game (illness) it'll be interesting to see how much I weigh now.  In related news, my aim is to get into the overweight category in this BMI calculator.  I thought it would be cool to be in the obese category, but for me that would entail being 105kg's.  That's not going to happen in this lifetime.  Something I found extremely interesting was how close I am to being 'overweight.'  I was, prior to looking at this particular graph, quite far into the overweight category.  Now I'm skirting the normal line.  This can only mean one thing - figure massaging!  People in England are getting fatter, and instead of tackling the problem (like, say, america where obesity is now 33%) they've moved the goalposts.  At some stage in the near future I'm going to be normal, which means I'm going to have to shrink, or put on weight to get back into the overweight category.  Goddamn politicians.  I already eat enough, thank you very much.

I also used the height measurement of feet and inches, but the weight measurement in kg's.  Thank you very much, stupid imperial England of the past.

2 comments:

  1. we'll see if you have the same attitude to your traditions when you're having to use the yuan when china take over the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn chinese bots posting spam everywhere.

    ReplyDelete