Monday 7 November 2011

Rugby

I stayed away from the rugby this weekend, focusing on eating and sleeping (to heal my injured hand, of course.)

I haven't been to the gym in three weeks, and I'm honestly getting bigger around the middle.  This hand is a bigger injury than I first thought, and particularly annoying because it's bicycle related, not even rugby...

The various teams I play for have been trotting along without me, the Tokyo Gaijin just released this detailing their recent exploits, comings and goings.  I get a mention in there as well.

This coming weekend is a special match for one of my friends in this prefecture.  His friend died when he was in school, and they both played rugby.  Around this time of year they play a match in his memory.  I don't think it's a fixture scheduled around the anniversary, it simply coincides.  I'm definitely going to be playing in it - I'll just dose up on painkillers and hope for the best.

Every day it gets better, just not as quickly as I'd like...

1 comment: