Wednesday 23 November 2011

Headphones

I just washed my headphones for the umpteenth time.  Previously, the left ear had stopped working (presumably due to all the washing) so I assumed they were about to give up the ghost.  I usually go through headphones like diabetics go through insulin (that's a lot of headphones, in case you were wondering).  This pair have lasted me a fair while, more than a year now, in fact.  They went extremely well with my Sony Walkman (MP4 Edition) because both were seemingly indestructible.  I broke the mp3 player, took the back off by accident, went swimming with it in my pocket and generally abused it - but it kept on ticking.

In fact, the only reason I don't still have it is rather annoying - I broke the locking switch, which meant it was permanently locked in the 'off,' mode.  The electronics withstood a beating; the centuries old switching technology was the first thing to break.  Typical.

Anyway, I plugged my headphones into the computer (expecting a shower of sparks) and found that now left and right are fully functional.

What?

In unrelated news, the BBC are up to their old habits again.  Their insistence on hiring 'experts,' who label everything material as merely 'stuff,' and equating this 'stuff,' with human beings, more specifically our size, simply undermines any respect the organisation once had.

They could at least throw in a few 'things,' here or there.

Besides, I can't relate to this 'stuff,' being measured in people.  Apart from being macabre (I'll have a humans worth of pork, please) it is incredibly boring.  I want all my 'stuff,' to be measured in dragons, from now on.  I want 1/58th of a dragon of wood to make my new patio, please.

Grow the hell up please, BBC.

To quote a post below the article: 'Congratulations for your contribution to the great dumbing down of society. Was this article originally destined for the CBBC website?'

No comments:

Post a Comment