Sunday 3 July 2011

Inspiration

So I'm struggling to think of anything to write about.

...

...

...

...

I went rugby training on Sunday, just a quick mess-around really.  Sunburnt my arms (again).  Not too serious this time, at least.

The only time I seem to remember sun tan lotion is when I get that tingly/burning feeling, that signals late-stage stupidity.

My hair is the longest it's ever been.  I can nearly pony-tail it.  There's nowhere in my town to get a cut, and I'm sure as hell not travelling on the train to find somewhere that does cut hair.  Getting the train anywhere takes an hour, because I inevitably arrive at the station just as the train I want to catch departs.  This leaves me stranded on the station for the better part of an hour, while another train slowly pootles its' way towards me.  I then hop on that one, travel for five/ten minutes and arrive at my destination.  The percentage of inefficiency related to trains in my area is ridiculous.  For a comparison, take a plane.  You travel to the airport, wait for hours at the airport, fly, wait for hours at the airport, then arrive at your destination.  Waiting and travelling to and from the airport is probably upwards of seven hours.  A typical flight will be four or five hours.  This results in a ratio of waiting to flying of 4/7.

My train travel: a ratio of 1/5.  Then again, sometimes I don't have to pay, or at least not the full fare.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment