Tuesday 24 May 2011

I Feel For You, Denmark

The worst news ever given to a Danish person, wasn't just confined to an individual.  It appears the entire country will receive devastating information soon.

It amuses me that the Danes, Swedes and Fins compete for the most disgusting use of fish - namely in national 'delicacies.'  Pickled herring being the most benign of these national dishes is indicative of their desire for strong tastes.  To my mind, there are few stronger (or more delicious) tastes than Marmite.  It's a shame the scandinavians are denying themselves the most nutritious of polarising tastes (how many vitamins can be found in a rotting trout, for example) and, while I don't necessarily agree with post-process additions of vitamins/minerals (I'm currently drinking Japanese milk that is nearly solid, due to the iron, calcium and assorted vitamins they add) I'm sure the taste of Marmite is more than partly due to these additions.  Lick an iron bar, for example, and you will find it has a distinctive taste.  Just because Vitamin B12 bars are only to be found in secret government bunkers, does not mean they are devoid of unique tastes too.  (I use iron bars as an example because, like me, I assume everyone has licked one at some stage.)

So I urge this: 'outraged expats in the country are already threatening a campaign of civil disobedience,' to happen.  Or I could, you know, sell you some at a markup.  How does that sound, expats of Denmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment