Thursday 24 February 2011

OHMYGODTHERAMITFINALLYGOTHERE

SO the RAM turned up, not five minutes ago.  I've been chilling, on account of my having no money left after I bought a steroid abusing computer.


Is that?  Is that really?  Why yes, I think that is 16gigs of unbuffered non-ecc ram, running at CL 7-8-7-24.  Not the tightest timings, but at DDR3 1600 they'll serve my purposes.  In fact, one stick of this stuff would probably have served my purposes.

The case is from a company called BitFenix (probably chinese) and it's the 'survivor,' model.  Check here for my initial impressions.

To backtrack a little, this is the open case with a pre-installation wiring solution.  It's actually pretty solid.  I only had to move two wires around, the big fan at the top (to the mobo fan 1 pin, which is at the top of this board, not the bottom) and the sound ports for the top of the PC.


The graphics card is MASSIVE.  I mean that quite literally, as it's both heavy and big.  My case is no shrinking violet, yet it only fits in by the slimmest of margins.  It takes up two PCI slots, and let me emphasise this again, it weighs a ton.

I envisage this case being moved around a lot, so everything is as secure as I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment