Sunday 27 February 2011

It's Not Working!

The computer sees everything, all the hardware is fine.

Whenever I try and install windows it coughs up a 'CD/DVD driver needed' error, and tells me to point it to a driver (that I don't have).

Ubuntu coughs up a CD error too.  I can only assume it's because I'm booting from a USB drive and not an internal sata drive.  I will take twenty pounds to the nearest computer shop tomorrow, and give him my money.  If that does not solve the problem, I will cry as I am out of ideas.

I have tried booting from USB pen drives, CD drives, Ubuntu and Windows.  I've tried running Ubuntu Live CD user sessions, and they invariably crap out with errors saying 'a valid file system could not be found,' (or something to that effect.)

Frustration: population 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment