Saturday 14 August 2010

Typhoon

So the typhoon disrupted school on Wednesday, meaning I didn't have to go in.  However, the typhoon never materialised, meaning I had a free day.  It transpired that the typhoon had struck overnight, uprooting a handful of trees.

While I  walked around looking at an (almost) entirely untouched island, I wondered why they were so scared of this particular event.  There must have been a really powerful storm recently, otherwise there would have been nothing stopping us from working.

All things told, I was disappointed with both the effects of, and the storm itself.  It didn't even wake me up the night before!

I did get a day off work though, bonus!

We also had a power cut on Thursday, rendering all our air-conditioning units useless.  The power cut didn't stop the sun however, and we were all soon melting inside the classroom.  Rooms full of overactive children broiling at thirty degrees do not smell good...

No comments:

Post a Comment