Sunday 1 November 2009

What I did Today:

What I did today was get very wet.

I decided to go to the botanical gardens; and seeing as today is my second to last full day in Kyoto, come hell or high water I was going to see these gardens.

Knowing this, He gave me high water.  It's the most rain I've seen since I've been here (including the 'typhoon' (if you want to call it that) because I was asleep when that hit, so I didn't really see any of it) and it finally enabled me to put on my waterproof trousers!  They saw some in anger use, finally!

The gardens are actually really nice, and they fit the tempo of the area to a nicety.  Kyoto is a relaxed city, if that's not an oxymoron.  It's certainly a lovely place to be, and I wouldn't mind teaching in this area.  Hell; I'd love to teach here.

After that expedition I went chinese dress hunting.  Kyoto is as traditional as it comes, and with that come traditional values.  Traditional values essentially means there are no chinese shops in this area, let alone ones selling chinese dresses.  I will continue my brave search however; maybe into the furthest reaches of Tokyo, who knows.

On another note, JET applications started today.  I spent an hour filling in the forms I'll need, only to find out their 'save' option doesn't appear to work.  It's going to take a considerable amount of time to complete, that's for sure...

If you're reading this JET officers:  Please let me come back here!  Please!  I'm begging you!

I'll put the photographs of today up when I have some time, but at this rate that may well be after I arrive back in England.

2 comments:

  1. good luck, sam ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. がんばって!

    Also; double parentheses, tsk tsk ;-)

    ReplyDelete