Wednesday 25 November 2009

Songs, Pictures and... The Other Stuff

I recently sorted out my music collection, because I found it quite challenging to locate anything of interst.  This collecting involved a program download, and an awful lot of collating, on behalf of rhythmbox.

It turns out that my music collection is now 115 gigs in size, containing 15,000 songs; totalling a staggering 45 days worth of music, on continuous play.  It was at this point I hit the random play button, and am working my way through the music as I write.  I'll tell you what my collection is like, in a few months.

I've also set myself the arbritrary target of a full years worth of music.  This is my intended music target, and will cost me roughly 850 gigs of space.  I intend to achieve this target within a year.  How's that for life ambition, eh?

On another media related note, I keep receiving great photographs from the people back in Japan.  It's interesting to see how they actually use their mobile phone cameras, and send photographs to each other without a care for expense.  This is probably to do with their inexpensive infrastructure, however it's so damned complicated that I can't make head nor tails of how it is actually charged.




Birds, birds and trees.  It's a bit odd to see the similarities in seasons between here and Japan; but it's yet another common factor between both countries.




I don't know whether animated gifs work either, but here is rirakuma, doing what he does best.  (That's relaxing, not drinking per se; you cynical bunch)


This is the kind of idyll that exists in any country with a history, and some means of preserving that history.  Thinking about this, these criteria narrow the possible venues for this scene down to the developed European countries, Japan and Korea perhaps.  I wonder why we take these kinds of views for granted, when you can only see them in a handful of countries?












Another really nice picture.  Thanks for all of them guys!


This is mado-chans' cooking prowess, for all to see!  How amazing do they look!!!  I'm not sure why she's made so many mushrooms though; perhaps a Freudian allusion to their mind altering nature!  Who knows...

All I know is, they look delicious!






This is another angry looking chap.  Does he have wings?  Or is my mind playing a trick on me?










And we end tonights presentation with another cute animated gif.  I get sent literally a couple of these things, every week; so I've built up an extensive collection already.

It appears that animated gif's don't work, but you get the idea anyway...




And to end with...

2 comments:

  1. haha - love the quad action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took a couple of days to process the footage, so I couldn't add it immediately; I think they were deliberating as to whether this footage is legal or not.

    ReplyDelete