Monday 23 November 2009

JET Application Then

So I finally handed in my second JET application.  As with all of them (I presume) it took a long time to get sorted; and the very fact I managed to pull the barrels of information together is a minor miracle.  Thanks to all those who helped, I wouldn't have come this far without everyone.

If anyone is watching from JET, please please please please please let me go to Japan...


This is what a room of JET application looks like.  All this goes into a giant envelope and is whisked away to the embassy in London.

My stomach is turning already, simply thinking about how (if) my application will be received.  As with all these things, something will almost certainly have been forgotten or lost either in creating the folder, or in translation.










This is the thickness of all the papers required for application.  This isn't the complete pack, it only gets thicker.

I would be interested to know how much of a backside ailment the original scheme was, in terms of forms and filing.  The infamy of Japanese beaurocracy leads me to believe that it was always, and always will be this annoying.


Check out the TV times in the background too.  Please don't steal all the sensitive information that is (probably) present in these pictures.  Ok then, you can steal my identity, but can I have it back when you're done?

7 comments:

  1. Looks so complicated! Good luck with that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JET looks complicated but good luck with that. I'll cross my fingers for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha thanks, but looking at your site, and looking at some of the things you do; it's a doddle. An hour of solo dance in front of a group of critics? No thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on autopilot when I did the 4th night of that solo.. Absolutely rooted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I didn't know that the critics were there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! That's why I normally don't want to know who are in the audience for the obvious reason.

    ReplyDelete