Tuesday 17 January 2012

Survived!

I survived the day of bad luck (which officially began and ended yesterday).  It was a harrowing day, full of people trying to kill me with their cars (some stereotypes hold up) and things crumbling to dust in my very hands.

Hocus pocus aside, I visited a magical factory of longevity commonly known as a gym.  Within the boundaries of said room were people old enough to be, and I suspect they are, grandparents.  These people weren't milling around like the elderly folk in English gyms, they were running like possessed daemons.  I don't know if there is a marathon coming up soon, but the teachers at my mountain school are even getting in on the running act and one of them, a woman in her early fifties, (at a guess, which is about as definitive as guessing the age of Earth) runs 10km two or three times a week.  This is after she does an aerobics class that I have witnessed (behind a glass barrier, thankfully) and wouldn't wish upon anyone.  As with all these things, the class is only as challenging as you make it, and while some of the participants choose to peacock their way through - this teacher doesn't.  The short and long of it is simple; insanity.  Unfortunately I fear that finding a co-signatory would be something of a struggle on account of me not knowing Japanese, but she really should dial it back somewhat.

I hope the marathon (if there is one) has a seriously long catchment behind the finishing line, because it will take her some time to wind down once she crosses.  At fifty miles per hour.

I also hope they have a fire engine to ensure excess heat is dissipated as quickly as possible.  She might blow a gasket or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment