Tuesday 31 January 2012

Shin Splints, Or When to Buy New Shoes

So there's a kid sitting behind me, bleeding profusely from his hand.  He cut himself while throwing a ball (he caught his hand on a corrugated roof) and promptly headed into the staff room.  Upon entering (blood pouring forth) the teachers blazed into action, strapping him up like the proverbial Egyptian mummy.  The only problem I saw with their method is the strength with which they tied up his hand. Within four seconds his hand was bright purple.  Bright, purple.

I've been cut a fair number of times, and lost a fair amount of blood (in my time) and I know for a fact that purple is an unnatural colour.  I tried to point out that his hand will fall off within the next fifteen minutes if they don't sort it out, but they ignored me and let him off into the rest of the day.

So regarding the title, my trainers are worn out.  Every time I go running my shins ache, then hurt, then burn.  Then my calves follow the same trajectory, and I cry like a baby.

I need to get a new pair to ensure I don't do permanent damage, but that entails heading to Tokyo and praying they have trainers in my size.

In other news, I've started wearing a scarf and gloves.  I know, I'm a girls blouse.  A big girls blouse.  A girls blouse the size of a tent.  When I'm wearing my coat, I look like a snowman.

Rotund would be the word I would use to describe myself.

A bit like this.

Fat Guy in A Little Coat!!!

At least I'm warm!

2 comments:

  1. remarkably good likeness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are wearing them. Keep warm........

    ReplyDelete