Monday 31 October 2011

NaNoWriMo

This great idea for an event was bought to my attention mere moments ago.  It's a challenge to write 50,000 words in one month, with the ultimate aim being, well, there doesn't appear to be any particular aim.  It's an interesting idea however, so I've signed up and am gunning to write.

It requires writing roughly 1750 words a day, which is a big task (especially as I've got to do the same for my degree).  I also don't have a clue what to write about, beyond it being a fantasy novel.  Fly by the seat of my pants, as per usual.

I've also completely monged my right hand.  I played rugby on Sunday (basically one handed), scoring two tries, and being penalised for a spear tackle (even though the guy landed ass-first).  It was a pretty unremarkable match apart from the hand hurting like all hell, and the bruising spreading from my palm down into my wrist.  That means I haven't broken any bones, but I've destroyed a ligament or two.  Whoops.

On the plus side, .

That's about 150 words, let's get writing the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment