Friday 25 December 2009

Those Damned Crazy Kids...

I'm sitting here with the mother of all headaches, at 5:30Am on Boxing day; having decided in my (in)finite wisdom to not sleep.  This, on the back of a christmas eve that heralded a sub-par sleeping performance also.

Man I'm tired.

I'm so tired I learned how to say 'I'm tired' in another language, in order to increase the number of possible recipients of this amazing fact.  'わたしはすごくねむいです。’

I can't even find the headache pills in the foreign land that is, the house of another person.  Imagine that last bit in an americanised movie trailer voice, and you are approaching the thoughts that are going through my head right now.  Tiredness does some amazing things to the brain.  It stops mine working properly, for one.

I just got sent this  little puzzler:


I would like to point out that I didn't get a single one; but to point out the banality of this particular exercise, number eleven is 'neon light.'

I have to also highlight some of the other guesses I made.

Number sixteen is 'six feet under.'  My guess:  Stomping ground.

Mine is better, I feel.

Number eighteen is somewhat difficult to see, but it says 'He's/himself.'

My guess was Emo.  This one takes a little explanation:  An emo is someone who pretends to be depressed, and likes cutting themselves.  Therefore, He's/Himself becomes He's (slashing) himself.

Again, my guess is better than the answer, that of 'he's beside himself.'

I should write these things, not just commentate on them.

I'm not going to tell you the rest of the answers, because some of them are just pathetic.


I include this one, not to insult your intelligence as it may at first appear, (this one is seemingly designed for post-labotomy recuperation) but to point your attention in the direction of the bottom left of the picture.

This one is supposed to be 'Brain wave.'

The truth is that the architect of these questions had one of these while drawing them up.  That is to say he had a 'brain fart.'  The act of your brain throwing up a completely unrelated artefact akin to me saying:  When I was walking down the road I ostrich was quite cold.

The designer drew a hand with four fingers and no thumb, or one thumb and three fingers.  And the hand is drawn to resemble that of a three year olds' drawing.  These factors make the picture both a brain fart, and of one.  Gadzooks batman, my irony detector is about to explode.

I'm filling in the tags for this post, and I can't remember what the word for chronic sleeplessness is.  I really want to type in anorexia for some reason.  Maybe I'm hungry.

Goddamnit what is that word?

4 comments:

  1. That's the one! Thanks for reminding me :D

    I'm watching a show about annoying people in 2009. Did you know there was some english guy that pretended to get lost in the outback to make some money? Mental.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Ricky Ponting got to 68. He said something bad about somewhere in England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that English guy pretending to get lost in the Blue Mountain, yeah. His dad flew over here to pick him up as well...

    I'm sure Ricky Ponting is an annoying figure in the uk.., but only no. 68? He just can't help it!

    ReplyDelete