Friday 4 December 2009

The Things we Find Ourselves Doing...

I've finally got round to starting an exercise routine again.

Having worked so hard for the years I was at university to give myself an edge over the competition, the rest period of Japan is probably a welcome one; from the point of view of my body.  I found myself aching in places that my grandad complained about, and waking up every day to a creaking array of joints, and unintentional, barely audible groans.  I'm pretty sure it was the rugby causing this, so hopefully going to the gym again won't bring these symptoms back.

I've begun running around again, with the eventual aim of getting back to the gym.  It's amazing what losing fifteen kilograms of weight can do for your long distance running performance though, as I now feel able to run more than fifty metres without passing out!  And this is with many months of no training, so I should be substantially more unfit than before.

As a side-note; I've found a tucked away park that appears to have only one entrance and one exit, and it located far enough away from civilization that I'm sure it never gets used.  I'm not sure what the point of it is, but I find it a convenient halfway point on my run.

In other news, I'm committing some ideas for a new attraction in the Top Events GB repetoire to disc; in the form of a labor intensive, mind bending 3D diagram of how I believe the site should progress.  It's an extremely interesting process, but one that demands an attention to detail that's difficult to summon up.  Using Googles' own mapping software, named SketchUp, and utilising google maps to lend some realism to my ideas; I'm slowly forming a viable idea.  It does take an awfully long time however, and the 3D design aspects are proving far from intuitive.  The idea is that this software becomes accessible to everyone, by approaching the 'problem' of 3D content creation from a different angle.  This approach falls down somewhat when you realise that this type of program has been around for decades, in the form of video game design; and their mapmakers, while more complicated, are far easier to use.  Oxymoronic (sic) maybe, but true nonetheless.


I can't show you what I'm designing currently; but I can show you what I was tinkering with last night - that is before I realised you can't scale down irregular curves properly.  Well done sketchup, well done.







In an unrelated note; here are some more pictures I've received from the other side of the world.


I may have already uploaded this one, but I like it; so it's staying.



So many of these little animations...


My own personal favourite of the animations.  This one says, 'thank you.'



ありがとうまどーちゃん!(いぎりすはすごくさむいです!)(がんばってね!)
ありがとうふみえ!(あなたわちょーかわいいー!)
ありがとうひろみーちゃん!あなたのこうびとおやうびとひとつさしうびとくすりうびとなかうびはきもち!ねえええええええ!
ありがとうたかこねさん!あなたの歌うこと はすごい!
ありがとうぱるぱーちゃんと007さん!
ありがとうゆかりーさん!
ありがとうみな!

No comments:

Post a Comment