Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Flight

Never fly Sri Lanka airways/airlines.  They are godawful.  They are just the worst airline.  Jesus, they really are awful.

I can't be doing with specifics due to the doctor specified pressure limit of 1000 PSI, which my brain might exceed should I recall the specifics too vividly.  Needless to say there were obnoxious children, delays, awful food, really horrible children, screaming, unbelievably loud babies, mis-sold meal tickets, interminable infants, broken TV's and horrendous spawn.

God, they are bad.  Their planes are from the late 60's, held together with mostly hope and a dash of tape.

Their staff are bad, every single time they walked down the aisle they would bang into me.  Then they would bang my shoulders with the trolleys.  Then they would shove their wobbly back fat in my face whenever they tried to get anything out of the lockers.  On that note, someone needs to redesign their uniform - it's entirely unflattering to mere mortals.

On another side note, Sri Lankan kids are the worst.  Of course it's the parents fault for letting them run around screaming at each other for ten hours, but still.

Anyway, multiply that hate by 60 hours (30 there, 30 back) and you'll begin to appreciate the suffering.

And I paid for it.

I hate the whole world for being so stupid as to allow this behaviour to continue, and I hate myself for having funded it further.

Never fly Sri Lankan airlines, never go to Sri Lanka.


On a more positive note, the flight from England to Sri Lanka was tempered by the presence of a wonderful lady with whom I shared an hours conversation, ranging from the awful food to silly memories of a common thread.  I can't for the life of me remember the exact topics, (the few inches Sri Lankan afford the kneecaps directly affect human brain function) but it was fun and interesting.  One of those silly little life affirming things that happen every now and again.  We didn't even find out each others names, so I finally met someone who didn't immediately sign me up to facebook.  Not that I'm one to talk, I have about a million facebook 'friends,' about three of whom are actually friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment