Wednesday 5 June 2013

Kasai Rinkai Koen

Kasai something park was the destination for a leisurely stroll, taken on Monday during one of my days off.  I needed to get out and about to stretch out after the difficult training on Saturday, because Sunday was an incredibly lazy day.  This week we have another game, but my calves have been killing me for months, so I don't know if I'll be able to play.  The team is also gaining wingers and full-backs at the rate of one a month; we have about seven or eight at the moment.  It's ridiculous.  Anyway, if I keep smashing people around in training I'll keep my position, maybe.


The ferris wheel in the park is pretty big.  Obviously it's not the size of the eye, but it's pretty damned big.  I went on it to try and get some photos of the city, but all the glass was rounded or curved in some way, so the pictures came out terribly.  Also, they don't appear to have cleaned the windows; ever.


Fun fact, that little white thing on top is an aircon unit.  Yes, they have aircon in their ferris wheels!  Then again, six people in the height of Summer would be rather unpleasant without the cool air.  Then again, it would be pretty unpleasant with it - the pods are tiny.  Luckily I headed out there on a Monday, so I had an entire pod to myself, along with about ten others.  There were only three people on it when I got off.

Those three people were well served though - one person manning the controls, two guiding people on and off, one taking photographs and two serving photographs to those who chose to have one taken.  That's what I call service!


The park itself is pretty big, with an ocean front perfect for crabbing (I saw a few kids doing just that).  It was pretty hot though, so I didn't hang around and take pictures out in the open.  I was probably exposed for a little under and hour (the entire trip took three hours or so, meaning I was in shade on and off for about two hours) but I still managed to get burned.  Of course.  Incredible really.


None of these pictures are very good, but this is probably my favourite one.



I also like this one because it feels like a completely different area, or like it was taken at a completely different time.

No comments:

Post a Comment