Thursday 1 November 2012

Not A Whole Lot

So there's nothing much to talk about recently, hence why there haven't been any posts in a fair while.

I started for Lion at the weekend, but I haven't got the video back yet.  We won by some fifty points, and it wasn't a particularly fulfilling game because it felt like any form of possession turned into some kind of points.  Having said that, I scored, which meant shaving the beard.  Considering the incredible length it had reached, it was an undertaking of significant proportions.

When I was going for a bouncing ball, one of their players pushed our hooker into me resulting in a swift head-butting.  This left me with a black eye, which has been dogging me all week.  My boss even suggested I might put an eye-patch on - for what purpose I'm not sure.  Perhaps to not worry the kids (it wouldn't surprise me if these 12-15 year old children have never seen blood, let alone a black eye; they're so precious).

On the Wednesday night, one of the students went around after school closed and smashed all the third year windows.

The violence inherent in receiving my black eye is obviously too much for these poor things to handle.

Anyway, here is a picture of it:

Unintentionally Facebook like angle.  Not deliberate, honest!

It spread out over a few days, becoming less angry as it did so.  Nothing compared to Robshaw though, if you haven't seen his then look here:

Just ow.  So much ow.

I might have worn my sungalsses if mine were that bad.

Anyway, I've had to start putting my hair up when I play; again.  It's getting into my eyes and generally cheesing me off.

It does result in me looking even more like a berk though:

Remember, the beard is gone now.

Frankly, I didn't know it was even possible.

Anyway, today we learned about the face in my fourth year class.  That meant drawing some pictures (none of which I now have - damn the transient nature of chalk boards!) and having the kids draw some too.

Here are a selection of my favourites:

Number 2 is Hitler after the sex change.

So the exercise was to teach facial features, like nose, eyes and whatnot; but also to teach adjectives like big/small or short/long.

I tried to make them draw women with moustaches and beards.  Progressive, liberal education at its finest!
Some of the kids were great.  They all draw better than me already.

I don't know how well it comes out, but this one is my favourite because of no.4

Some of the kids have actual talent when creating things.  One kid was unfortunate though - she appeared to be able to draw well, but when instructed to draw moustaches on the characters she'd drawn, she was unable.  I fear she's already started copying relentlessly, foregoing the creative aspect of art.  'Tis a shame.

Conical beards are all the rage in this kids household.
Others just scribbled on the page.  None of those ones made the cut here, but they're otherwise better than I could do at that age.  Better than I can do now, if I'm frank about matters.


And that's it for this edition.  We're entering a time of treadmilling, that is to say nothing new is approaching for a while so I fear interesting articles may be few and far between.

Check in from time to time - but if there are no updates then you can always chuckle at these pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmn, hair up....ever considered a haircut...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going bald, LET ME KEEP THE HAIR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete