Wednesday 20 June 2012

So Very Tired

So I took a day off on Monday, after the game at the weekend.  I thought I'd get back into training on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I had a couple of days holiday, so I decided I'd train Thursday Friday Saturday, with a possible game on Sunday.

That was, until I couldn't sleep last night.  I have no idea what happened.  How many times have I written those words on this blog?  Hundreds, I'd wager.  The point being that there's no way in hell I'm going to the gym now, so it's going to have to be Friday and Saturday.  Not ideal, two or three days a week isn't enough to get my fitness up (I'm fine on strength and weight now).  The matches they play here are fast and loose, so fitness is going to be more important than ever.

It's frustrating, but there's a lesson here.  Never put off work, do it up front and enjoy the time after.

Anyway, in news news, there is very little.  Someone was over emphasising the chances of our sprinters in a few years time, saying that there's no reason they shouldn't compete with Usain Bolt in four or five years.  Even when Usain Bolt is using a zimmerframe he's going to be faster than any of our guys.  We're stuck in this mindset that sub 10 seconds is acceptable.  It's not good enough any more.  The finals at the olympics will have eight sprinters who are all under ten seconds, none of whom will be British.  Only one of whom will be European.

Our sprinters might not even make it to the semi-finals.

Apparently the England football team lost in the quarter finals to whoever.  That match hasn't happened yet, but you don't need to be Uri Geller to figure out England won't win.  Of course, this could all be reverse psychology, and I'm lowering the worlds expectations, one sentence at a time.  Either way, I win.

Onto some pictures.

There was a concert (of sorts) in aid of candles?  I don't know either, but it was fun, and whereas I'm normally afraid of approaching random strangers for photographs, this event seemed like a perfect opportunity to act all paparazzo.


This girl was supporting a poster, in turn supporting something else.  I have literally no idea what, but she was working there and thereby became fair-game for a photo or ten.


I was trying to get the thing on her back and her face in the same picture, but it was impossible (no one is that flexible, it turns out).


I think this pair were american?  Or Japanese/American.  I don't know.  At least one of them spoke native English though.


There were lots of decorated cups with candles in them.  Again, I don't know why.


This is so Japanese.


I arrived quite early, so I'd already taken this shot before most people arrived.  I wasn't quite as dedicated as this person though.  I'd be interested to see the photo she got out of it.


I got told off for taking pictures.  He must have had a press badge.


A bit earlier in the day, this guy had the most amazing hair ever.


The guy on the right owns the company that organised the whole event.  The girl on the left is the wife of one of the Gaijin rugby players, but I can't be too nice about them because they're Welsh.


A random picture.  Again, I'm not too worried about being arrested because it was a public place with tons of people taking pictures.  Then again I don't know who these people are.  Shhh, don't tell anyone.  (I like the picture though).


One of my favourites from the day (night) because.  Just because.


Anyone wearing an orange apron worked at the place, so I ended up taking a few different pictures that they might end up on their website.  Alas, I've not heard back from anyone, so I assume none of them are good enough.  Sad face.

 More cameras than hands to hold them, that's dedication.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it was raining pretty much the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment