Wednesday 13 June 2012

I lied. Again.

Swearing to follow.

So I didn't get round to sorting out the photographs yesterday.

I went home, made myself an amazing bacon and egg sandwich (with a baguette, not normal bread), turned on the computer and played a strategy game about taking over the universe.  The problem with strategy games is that they tend to take a long time.  One that focuses on taking over a few different, extremely complicated solar systems, takes even longer.  The upshot was that I had to go to bed before I even finished the game.  Whoops.

Obviously I didn't have time to put any pictures up, or do anything productive at all.

Then again, I'm going to the gym today so maybe something will get done after I get back.  Maybe.

I'm not going to make the same mistake again.  Perhaps you'll get pictures tomorrow.

In other news:  This extremely enlightening article highlights how we all became fat bastards.  By extremely enlightening I actually mean patronising, obtuse and uninformative.  The writer divulges such gems as, 'contrary to popular belief, we as a race have not become greedier or less active in recent years,' to then go ahead and say, 'Genetically, human beings haven't changed, but our environment, our access to cheap food has.'  'We're being bombarded every day by the food industry to consume more food.'  'As a result[of this access], burgers got bigger and chips got fattier.'

So which is it?  We are eating more, or we aren't.  Make your mind up, jesus.

One of the experts (gunning for the drinks industry) illuminates the argument with this gem: 'the evidence says that obesity is caused when people consume too many calories without the exercise to balance it out.'

Really?  REALLY?  Christ almighty.  If someone says something so fucking obvious that it makes your toes curl, it's probably best not to put it into the article.  This writer is awful.  Then again, the BBC takes the internet section of its business seriously in the same way people take clowns seriously.  I don't mean the sad French kind, by the way.

Anyway, maybe photos will arrive tomorrow.

Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha - stop reading the news - it's the only way to stay sane

    ReplyDelete