Sunday 15 April 2012

General Update

I went to watch the Tokyo Gaijin play rugby at the weekend (my knee is still too bad to play).  We lost, but it was close.  The lack of go forward really cost us, as our defence was generally solid - something we've been working towards but often falling short of achieving.

There were a few other individual positives.  There's a guy I've never seen before, who tackles like a psychopath.  I don't mean he does anything illegal; he just lacks disregard for his own personal well-being.  It helps that he's probably pushing 100kg's in a country where that's the exception, but how he's still up and walking around is a mystery to me.

We broke their line a dozen times during the course of the match, but only scored twice.  One of them was the score of the season, with linkup play from four or five players culminating in a big fijian with ten metres to go.  Very few could stop him from that far out.  It was sensational, and it appears to be how we end up scoring most of our points.

As I wasn't playing, it was a good opportunity to take my camera along and snap some photos - and snap I did.  I filled up a 32 gig memory card, which came to about 800 pictures.  I was shooting in raw, so each picture was about 20-25 megs.  I shot some video, one of which is on youtube:

(For the full HD experience, you have to head on over to youtube.)



The pictures will be uploaded tonight.

Now here's where I face a problem.  Of the 800 I took, 174 were worth putting on facebook because they had a face on them.  20 were worth uploading because they were interesting.  Do I put them all up and let you sift through them, or do I just pick a few decent ones?

I'm thinking of starting a Flickr account so that I can link people to that, and they can peruse if they wish.

Answers on a postcard please.

No comments:

Post a Comment