Wednesday 2 March 2016

End of Term

So the end of term is near.  The third year middle school students had their farewell ceremony thing today, which is an incredibly drawn out affair lasting three hours.

All variety of plays and songs are performed at these things, including a few performances fro the various bands associated with the school.  One performance, by the brass band, took me completely by surprise.  From the second it began I knew exactly what it was, which is weird because I haven't heard it in quite a long time.

Of course you've guessed it by now.  It was this:


Okay, you may not have guessed what it was just from the writing above.  To be honest it took me by surprise.  I wonder if this music is famous in its own right, perhaps an old composition by a famous composer of yore?  Regardless of origin, this music will always be thunderbirds for me.

It sounded surprisingly good, even with a school brass band playing.

6 comments:

  1. did they have the bloke in the background counting down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome music - very evocative, albeit of a bunch of 4ft marionettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talking about the students or the thunderbirds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I was counting down in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And is that why it always said super mario nation at the beginning of these things? Because they're marionettes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. never heard of super mario nation but I guess so - I could have bought some of the puppets years ago when they had an auction at the film studio...

    ReplyDelete