Thursday 15 March 2012

Some Rugby Pictures

So today we have a bumper collection of photographs.  There are a lot to get through, so let's get cracking.



They're not in order, so this one is after I scored under the posts, my first try of the game.  As someone pointed out on facebook it's funny to see that all the supporting players are all forwards.


I have no idea what's going on with my face here.  I think that I'm moving so fast the wind is messing up my cheeks... maybe.


This is the trophy for the league we won.  We're currently competing in a cup, so this is unrelated.  We won the league a fair while ago, but we'd never seen the trophy up until now.


Alistair is the club captain who plays scrum-half.  I included this one just because it's a cool photo.


I've no idea what's going on in this photo.  It looks like I'm passing the ball rather than receiving it, and I'm definitely being tackled.  Aside from that, you can create your own caption.


This is after the second try, that guy gave me the ball from a perfect run down the wing.  Everything went right, everything happened perfectly.


Their scrum-half is about to be tackled.  More on this later.


I think the person tackling me is their number 8, so it shows the size disparity (or lack thereof) between the forwards and backs of the two teams.


This is after one of the tries.  This time the winger is with me (as should be the case, instead of forwards).


Look at that hair.


More flowing locks.


This is the after-effect of me hitting one of their players and turning over the ball.


My face just poking out from behind the ref.


This is the scrum-half being hit, the follow-up to an earlier photo.


Back to the first try; there are a few in this sequence.  For some reason the pitch opened up in front of me and I essentially walked over the line.  Anyone could have done it, I'm just glad it was me.


The second try, a twenty metre dash setup by the forward breaking the line, giving it to the winger who then passed it onto me.


Back to the first try.  (I don't know why they're all mixed up)


The referee wasn't too bad.  He sent three of our players off with yellow cards for no apparent reason, but considering the alternative is penalising a team out of the game (as happened a few weeks ago) I think it could have been worse.


Breaking out from our own line.


This is me hitting the guy and turning him over, with help from Nic - the lankiest flanker you ever did see.


The guy without the ball is the winger who setup my second.  Special mention to him for sure.


This looks like it could be during the warmup, but the lack of opposition belies my position (on my own try-line).


This is the build-up to the try.  Apparently I'm an idiot who didn't know where to be for that particular pass, so he pointed to show me where to go.  I do it too, it helps considering he can't speak English and I can't speak Japanese.


Another breakout from a kick.  Time to shift.


T.R.Y time.


The guy with the ball was the first to be sent off.  He also scored a try, so I guess it makes up for the yellow.


More buildup shots for the second try.


Running sideways, I might have got some go-forward from it so I think it's okay.  (Maybe)


Another breakout from our line.


More shots with the cup.


A strong forwards performance provided the platform, despite everything being extremely even in the first half.  (First half score: 0-0)

 That winger, again.

Imagine that's the world-cup.


Let's dance.

Emphatically ensure the ball touches the ground with downward pressure.


4 comments:

  1. I like when it looks like people are flying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For goodness sake get a hair cut.. guess who...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update your blog we're all bored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when it looks like people are being abducted by an invisible force.

    No hair cut.

    I'll update it when something interesting happens.

    ReplyDelete