Thursday 11 December 2014

Last Colours of Autumn

So these are the last photographs from the Autumn season.


The night before I went out it started raining and winding all over the place.  The result was a floor covered in leaves and trees very much lacking them.


The trees that retained their leaves were showing some really interesting colours though, so even though they were a bit thin, they made up for it in impact.


The yellows played off the greens really well.  There are a lot of evergreens in Japan, so there are a lot of pictures like this one.


Obligatory black and white picture.


A decent mix of colours on show.


In the more enclosed areas around Shinjuku Gyoen there were a lot more trees intact.


It was mainly yellow when I went, so I wonder if the different trees are uniformly different colours or whether they start of yellowing then move through oranges and reds.


This is the most stock-photo-esque picture I think I've ever taken.


It was a tossup between making this one b/w or leaving it as is.  I was tired and sitting on a bench waiting for one of the above pictures (too many people) so I took this one while eating a sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. a couple of really groovy pictures in there...

    ReplyDelete