Sunday 6 November 2016

Buying a House

I just came across an interesting statistic with regards to money in the UK.

If you earn 40k a year or more, then you're in the top 10% of earners.

Wages have stagnated to the point that 40 grand puts you near the peak of the pyramid.  From there I would imagine it's a fairly steep climb to the top, but the idea that you only need such a modest amount in order to be, by definition 'rich,' in the UK is heartening for me, because I might like to buy a house one day.

If you only need to earn that much to be rich, I can buy a house!


The average UK house price for pre-owned dwellings in February 2015 was £269,000.


....  Shit.

1 comment:

  1. yeah but why would you want to buy a house in that dead country - wait a couple of years for brexit to take hold and they'll be buying your house for you

    ReplyDelete