Sunday 10 April 2016

The Flowers of Vietnam

I didn't realise, but Vietnam supplies a large number of flowers to places around the world.  A lot of these blooms are ones I've seen before (not that I'd be able to name them) and are quite familiar around the UK.

One or two are not, however.  There's one particular plant in this list of pictures that I'd never seen before, and despite asking what the name was, have since forgotten.  I think it's a bird plant?  That's probably no the Latin name though.
The name that flower game begins here with one I've seen about the place in england.

There are a lot of pictures here so you'll just have to make do with a list of pictures and no writing.

...

Okay, you can have a tiny amount of writing.

These ones are quite popular in england too.

This one was taken in the grounds of an old presidential estate, just after watering.  Either that or it was so hot the flower's melting.  Probably the former.

The pinkest/purplest flower ever.

I think I turned up the colour too much on this picture.  Then again, the leaves look just as they did, so maybe it really was that colour.

What's this then?

The colours are definitely wrong in this one, the greens in the background look more like the colour of toy army men than plants.

I'm going to guess, marigold?

This one looks a bit better.  I could crop it to bring the flower closer, to make it larger, but then I'd lose detail.  A good close-up lens would help with tiny flowers like this one.

What a fantastic flower!
This is the bird looking thing.  I'm going to say, bird plant?

Looks good from both sides.

Bird flower?  Whatever it's called, it's a really interesting shape and colour.

It really is this pink.

This one, and most of the following flowers, were grown in a greenhouse we looked around.  I was surprised at how big the flower growing industry is in certain parts of Vietnam.  It's not something I thought of before, but I guess they have to come from somewhere.

An orange version of the pink one above.
These were slightly yellowing on the edges, giving a really nice graded finish.  The kind that looks fake and plastic.

It wasn't really that dark.  I don't know where the background went.
 I like the many colours of this one, even though it isn't really my taste.  Also, it looks like the picture was taken at the dead of night for some reason.


This is a real plant, honest.
 This one looks absolutely fake.  Faker than the moon landings even.

I assure you that it's real though, I even touched it with my hand.  (Don't tell the police)



I like this one because it's all deformed and kind of difficult to look at.  I mean, the middle is all stretched out and weird.  It's just not right maaaaaaaan.

Still bloody pink though.

No comments:

Post a Comment