Tuesday 23 February 2016

I Was Sick!

I thought I'd let the internet know that I was sick, not once, but twice today!

It's been years, at least 2, since I vomited.  And I was sick twice today.

But the interesting thing, and why I share it with the internet, was that it wasn't from illness.  It was from stress.  I stress vomited for the first time in my life.

I'm trying to book a 'holiday,' (this is very much not a holiday at the moment) that involves co-ordinating three people on two continents, none of whom can communicate in real-time due to the distances involved.  Having to start and stop over and over again for the past three months (I've tried to do this seven or eight times so far) means (as surprising as it may seem, I am actually busy) I've forgotten everything that was talked about last time.  And the time before that.  And the time before that.  Now I just want to be done with it, but I can't, because of the time difference.  I am busy, which means I can't get it done during my free time, which means I have to vomit everywhere just to make myself feel better?  Question mark question mark.

It's strange the way the body reacts to stress.

I also have a massive headache.

I no longer allow anyone to come to Japan 'to see me,' (they can still see me if there's a valid alternative reason, like holidays or sightseeing) for the reason of organising stuff for them to do is up there with moving house levels of stress, i.e. among the most stressful thing I had ever done.  But now pissing away absolutely ridiculous amounts of money, and other peoples money, has officially topped that record-high level of stress.  Is there another word for stress?  Because this is stress, but I don't want to keep calling it stress.  I feel like stress is something that people getting shot at feel.  This is vomit-inducing something.  Fear?  Anxiety.  There we go, I found the correct term for this.

It isn't vomit inducing stress, it's vomit inducing anxiety.  Phew, glad I figured that one out.

Now I can go and eat nothing while I bite my nails trying to figure out what to do.  And also more vomiting.

I wonder when my hair starts falling out?

1 comment:

  1. as far as your hair goes, around 35 is my guess...

    as for the rest of it - just take it easy if and if it happens so be it and if it doesn't, so be it - we'll all live on. Life happens. Shit happens. We all live on.

    ReplyDelete