Thursday 25 June 2015

All Of Them!

From this:
 

To this:

 
For some reason they're far more green in this picture than they are in real life, where they're mostly black with hints of dust.
 
They're all dead.  Super, duper wicked dead.  My great melon owning dream is over!  Noooooo!
 
I can't believe they all bit it so quickly.
 
Basically, I've either sprinkled radioactive waste among the roots, the blackfly invasion, or some unbeknownst disease has ravaged them.  You can take your pick as to which it might be.
 
They went from being healthy to dead in about three days which has to be some kind of world record, and due to the quickness I can't see it being anything other than disease.  They were dying before the insects really took hold and I haven't even obtained the shipment of bomb grade plutonium from my Saudi contact yet.
 
Anyway, this years dream is done (I'm still watering them in hopes of some last minute resurgence that yields a single fruit, tennis ball sized) so it's onto planning next years fruitdeavour.  Definitely strawberries, but I also need a big ticket item to get the farming business underway.  Something that has the shock value of a 1,000kg pumpkin but isn't completely lame.
 
Ideas welcome.

1 comment: