Wednesday 4 March 2015

Legs

So last Saturday was the first (maybe the second?) proper training session of the year.  We'd done a lot of fitness for a couple of weeks prior but the entire squad turned up for the official beginning.


We played a few different games, aimed at skills and fitness to try and get into the new season at a run.


It was surprisingly cold so I obviously went for short sleeves because I'm a fool.


I think I had my hands crossed for 90% of training to try and keep the extremities warm.


We also played a game of 7's against a local team, I scored 2 but my hamstrings are incredibly sore again - I need to start stretching, massaging and hot/colding once again.  This seems to crop up once every few months, achilles tendinitis perhaps?


A game of 7's right after training isn't exactly a great idea so I scored our only points before I limped off.


The first one was from the kickoff, I handed off a couple and ran as hard as I could, just about making the line ahead of their team.


This is from the kickoff, bad achilles and all.

The training went well, the fitness was okay, I just need to figure out how to buy a new pair of legs and I'll be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment