Sunday 28 September 2014

The Ultra Music Festival

So this thing lasts for 2 days, but I decided against subjecting myself to that; instead opting to forego the Saturday and just arrive fashionably late on Sunday (after our game with Tokyo Gas (I couldn't play because my ankle is still sore; I'll be up and running in a week or two)).  What better way to alleviate the blues stemming from not being able to play?


I'll get round to annotating these at a later date (it's late and I've got work tomorrow).

In case you were wondering what it was all about, here's a video of the same event somewhere else. *hint*  You won't like it.


So there were probably 30,000 people or so (at a complete guess).

We started off miles away from the stage, but nuts to that so after fighting with a security dude who wouldn't let us into the area we had tickets for, we jumped a fence and went right to the front.

At that point my phone battery ran out and I couldn't take any more pictures, obviously.

These guys were outside, I don't know what they're meant to be dressed up as.


The guy I went with had a japanese and english flag just knocking around (I don't know why) so I repossessed the flag (for the queen).


YMCA was actually playing somewhere outside the main event.  The instant I took this photo, it stopped.  Portentous.


I don't know what they're dressed up as.  I, however, am dressed as the hunchback of the commons.




Again, what?


The stage was really big, which struck me as a bit odd because the people doing the whatever it is they were doing at centre stage, were tiny.  I guess the people at the back had no chance of seeing anything so they just made this enormous thing for them to gawp at.


As the sun crept away for the night, something profound was said.

What on earth.

The venue was sunk quite far below the main road away from the station, so you could view the entire scene before you entered.  It must have been quite a sight for the myriad conservative salarymen on their way home.

This giant robot was also outside the event.

I've shown my non understanding a couple of times already, but this time I REALLY don't know why this thing exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment