Tuesday 6 May 2014

IBM Rugby

So I've started playing for IBM.

They're in the first division (under the top league) in Japan, so they're fairly strong in the scheme of things.  Having said that, they only narrowly avoided relegation last year, so it'll be a struggle this year as well most likely.

We had a practice game against Yakult (of the yoghurt fame) this weekend, in which I played a measly 20 minutes.  Infer from the 20 minutes what you will...

Anyway; I scored a try and made three or four runs for a total of probably 40 or 50 metres.  I made one error in throwing a pass to no one after one such break, but my tackling was 100% (1 out of 1).  It is debatable whether I should have gone inside to cover an attack that they ended up scoring from, but in the end it would have been 4 on 1 anyway so there's not much that could have been done.

They won by a try or two - one of theirs was a charge down and one was a kick with an incredibly wicked bounce (the aforementioned decision).

Anyway, if you are interested in watching, here it is.

My 20 minutes:

The whole game:


No comments:

Post a Comment